In this week’s episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing my Friends With Benefits group coaching client, Dr Roma Amin.
Dr Amin is a family physician who was kind enough to open up and share her dieting struggles as she navigated medical residency while simultaneously planning a wedding. During this stressful time in her life, Roma, often turned to food as a way to delay studying or “reward” herself for surviving another hard day.
Despite being a medical professional who understands the intricate ins and outs of the human body, Dr Roma struggled with the psychological aspect of dieting. After years of losing and regaining the same 15-20 pounds, she finally reached her breaking point and joined my Friends With Benefits program to put her dieting struggles behind her once and for all.
In this episode, Dr Amin and I discuss:
- The biggest challenges Roma faced as an emotional eater and how she was able to overcome these obstacles through accountability and group support.
- How measuring progress through habit tracking and non-scale victories (instead of scale weight) has contributed to successful weight loss she can maintain for the rest of her life.
- Interestingly, Roma shares what percentage of her patients are overweight and how this has had a profound effect on other aspects of their health.
- What holiday and social eating looks like for her now compared to years previous (hint: no more food anxiety or fear of being out of control)
- Dr Amin’s shares her 3 BEST pieces of advice for those who fear they’ll gain weight if they stop calorie counting and focus on weight loss through behavior change.
…and so much more! You definitely DONT want to miss this insightful episode. Give it a listen and let us know what you think in the comments!
This podcast is edited and managed by
Shelby Row Productions, LLC