In this episode, I had the pleasure of interviewing current Friends With Benefits, client, Miriam Blyth.
As someone who struggled with losing weight for 20 years, Miriam opens up and shares the traumatic story behind her first dieting attempt and how that event propelled her into a negative spiral of disordered eating for decades.
In this week’s episode, we discuss:
- The biggest challenges she faced as an emotional eater and how she has been able to overcome these obstacles through accountability and support.
- Miriam shares her experience with hunger directed eating prior to working with one another, and why having a more structured program was the game-changer she needed.
- How measuring progress through habit tracking and non-scale victories (instead of scale weight) has contributed to successful weight loss she can maintain for the rest of her life.
- At what point in the program the habits began to *click* and she was able to see the physical changes she desired.
- What holiday and social eating looks like for her now compared to years previous (hint: no more food anxiety or losing control)
- Miriam’s BEST piece of advice for those who fear they’ll gain weight if they stop calorie counting and focus on weight loss through behavior change.
For more conversations on topics like binge eating, emotional eating, the all-or-nothing mindset, and your inner critic, you can check out previously recorded episodes.
This podcast is edited and managed by
Shelby Row Productions, LLC