One of the first hurdles our clients struggle to overcome is answering the basic question: what should I eat?
When you’ve come from an extensive background in dieting, you’ve been told what to eat in what quantities, and at what time for YEARS. When you make the decision to drop dieting, it starts with dropping the food rules, too.
This can be overwhelming, if not altogether scary. Dieters want to lose weight, and they want a step-by-step plan telling them exactly what to eat to get to their goal weight.
Without a plan, they think they’ll be out of control and never stop eating, but that’s not how it works.
So in today’s episode of the Fat Murder Podcast, Coach, Steph Miramontes, and I visit the subject of what to eat.
A few topics discussed:
- Why you look at food as good or bad and where that perspective came from
- Why ‘good’ and ‘bad’ food labeling can actually make weight loss harder
- When you see certain foods as forbidden, what happens when you do eat one of these foods?
- And if you manage to stay away from forbidden foods, why do you feel so deprived?
- How can you look at different types of food without the good vs. bad division?
I want you to learn how to trust yourself and work WITH your body. There is no exact prescription of what and how much to eat.
When you learn to speak the fluent language of your body, you will always know what to eat and how much to eat.
Give it a listen and share your favorite takeaway.